Subscribe to my mailing list to know when I update my blog!
Email:
If you're not receiving my emails, make sure to check your spam.


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Review: La Louisianne

La Lousianne is one of my most favorite restaurants. I love the atmosphere at this place, complete with a jazz inspired decor, dim lighting and great music. After ordering, warm baguette bread is brought to the table, along with deliciously spicy corn bread mini-muffins. Most of the appetizers are very good - the coconut beer shrimp and the crab cakes are the best - but the small portions make these a special occasion treat considering the price. Despite having tried many of their meals, the Shrimp Magnolia pasta dish remains my favorite and consists of penne pasta with a cajun flavored tomato, cream, and white wine sauce. The pasta is also topped with their special Creole shrimp which are incredibly tender and flavorful. The table d'hôte, although a little more pricey (approximately 30 $ per person) includes a soup or salad, a main course and coffee, and offers wonderful dishes with fresh ingredients. I also highly recommend the dessert of the day as it is the perfect end to the meal!

Approximate cost for two people: $60
http://www.lalouisiane.ca/main.htm

1 comment:

  1. Mmm sounds fantastic...I know where I'll be going for my birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete