Subscribe to my mailing list to know when I update my blog!
Email:
If you're not receiving my emails, make sure to check your spam.


Sunday, January 10, 2010

Review: Wisushi

Tonight my husband and I went for a nice sushi dinner at one of our old haunts, the Japanese restaurant Wisushi in the West island, and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the fish was very fresh and we were pleased to discover that Wisushi has finally expanded its location, adding a new section which can now accommodate up to 50 people. As an appetizer, we decided to try the seared tuna sashimi plate despite its high 16$ price tag. For a fish lover, this platter is a must. The tuna was just slightly seared on the outside, but still had a melt-in-your-mouth buttery texture. The miso sauce that it was served with, as well as the fried green onion bits were nice accompaniments. Wisushi makes the best California roll in my view, it is fresh and crisp. Another specialty is the Spicy Scallop roll, which includes tempura and baby onion sprigs which give the maki a unique flavor. Finally the salmon and yellowtail tuna nigiris were fresh and satisfying.

Approximate cost for two people: $60

http://www.wisushi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment